Dressor

Thursday, December 11, 2014

A very good Miter box: The Stanley #150

This seemingly simply tool found in many old garages and attics, is a long forgotten gem for a woodworker.
With the cheap manufacturing of electric miter saws used by beginning handyman, to renown craftsman, the old-time muscle requirement for a saw has long since been thrown to the wayside.

Although, if you regularly cut with a hand miter saw and using the proper technique of following carefully cut kerf lines, you can probably get away without ever needing one.  I just think the look so darn cool.   This one below was an eBay purchase for about $30.  It arrived quit rusty and well used so I decided to put in the time to fully restore this 50 year old tool.  I ordered a custom made 20" miter saw from Bad Axe Tool Works to go along with this saw.  




3 comments:

  1. I like wood. The information good for me. I like décor my home by wood. I have problem with cutting board 45 and 90 degree. Do you sharing tips? I want to décor crib for my daughter next week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank for your sharing. I read information very late, your article is closed but congrats to our winner. I bought Dewalt miter saw. It very good, I think I create anything that join contest

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is something that you recently read but can't get enough of reading this.
    best-miter-chop-saws

    ReplyDelete